This site is part of the WeldCanada.com, Inc. (more About Us)
The WeldCanada.com, Inc. that provides online services through both www.WPSAmerica.com (WPSAmerica.com) and www.WeldCanada.com is committed to confidentiality, security and privacy of an individualís personal information. We adhere to all legislative requirements with respect to protecting privacy.
The following are terms of a legal agreement between you and WPSAmerica.com:
- WPSAmerica.com authorizes you (Member) to use this website, provided that you may not modify material in any way. Unauthorized copying is prohibited.
- The Service, online welding procedure software for the AWS and ASME codes, is provided exclusively for the Member. Member agrees to not sell, transfer, assign, publish, distribute, disseminate, allow any third party access to, or convey any part of the Database, Third Party Software and/ or the Software.
- General Service suitability and as-welded mechanical properties of welded joints must be evaluated by design authority. WPSAmerica.com is not a design authority.
- The use of prequalified joint that provided to Member is not intended as a substitute for engineering judgment in the suitability of application to a welded assembly or connection.
- WPSAmerica.com assumes that its prequalified Welding Procedure Secification (WPS) would meet with the minimum requirements of the Applicable Code(s).
- WPSAmerica.com assumes that majority of its members are qualified (Certified) Welding Engineers, Welders, Technicians, Inspectors and/ or Welding Supervisors, an authorized person based on the requirements of the Applicable Code(s).
However, some members (individuals, students, etc.) might have good knowledge of regulations for compliance with a specific code, while others might have very limited knowledge about welding or a welding code.
We would not be aware and/ or responsible for any welding activities of Member or Member’s client. Also, we are not aware and/ or responsible for qualification of Members and/ or any of personnel working on the shop floor (field or plant).
WPSAmerica.com provides the most popular prequalified procedures (WPS's) for Members; however the database has limited types of materials, electrodes, wires, sizes or gas types. At the moment, SAW Process for Stainless Steels (AWS D1.6) and SAW Process for Carbon Steel Sheets (AWS D1.3) are not provided in database. The most reasons for not having data for SAW, for D1.3 and D1.6, are as follow:
AWS D1.6, Clause 3.4.2:
Fluxes for SAW of stainless steels are not presently classified by AWS. There are no standard or specifications available for the classification of wire flux combinations for stainless steel of SAW.
AWS D1.3, SAW Process is not prequalified under this Code.
- Over 10,000 AWS prequalified WPS's are available in database, at the moment.
- Parameters in each prequalified WPS's are within the optimum ranges that recommended by the most manufacturers of weld consumable. Links to the manufacturers of weld consumable and/ or organization sites are provided for your convenient, so that you can do your own research to verify data on any of the prequalified WPS. WPSAmerica.com disclaims all liability and responsibility for the content of the Linked Sites. WPSAmerica.com makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy or any other aspect of the information contained on the Linked Sites, including the goods or services sold or made available to you.
- Many variables that would affect the soundness of weld are beyond the control of WPSAmerica.com. These variables include, but not limited to, use of proper welding procedure, plate chemistry and temperature, weldment design, fabrication method, quality and service requirements.
- Care has been taken to ensure that the contents of the weld documents are accurate, but WPSAmerica.com does not accept responsibility (no liability in respect thereof) for errors or for information which is found to be misleading.
- WPSAmerica.com reserves the right to change and/ or update content of any document based on the requirements of the Applicable Code(s). We will inform you about any possible modification (s) in any document.
SUBSCRIPTIONS, PAYMENT AND REFUND POLICY:
- Subscribers (Members) to WPSAmerica.com may join to one year or three year membership. Payment is due in advance.
- Membership fee, for any payment plan that you choose is non-refundable. Please note that there are no exceptions to this policy. Please try demos and samples about the software that are shown in Products information page, as well as Q/A section of WPSAmerica.com, before registration. No refunds are available under any circumstances.
- Membership Renewal: WPSAmerica.com informs current members, by e-mail, at least a week prior to their automatic renewal day. In case that a Member wish to not renew his/her membership, Member should inform WPSAmerica.com in advance, prior to renewal day, to avoid being charges for the next period time. Renewal membership fee is non-refundable.
- Membership will begin after WPSAmerica.com has your order and credit card payment confirmation from our e-commerce provider. Caution: ONCE YOUR ACCOUNT IS CHARGED, THERE WILL BE NO REFUND. Current subscription fee rates are available on the WPSAmerica.com. Your subscription will continue for the specified subscription period and will renew automatically at the end of each period, under the same fee structure, unless terminated by us in accordance with this agreement or until you notify us of your decision to terminate your subscription. Should you wish to discontinue subscription, Notify us at least 24 hours before the renewal date is due. Subscribers have to cancel their next scheduled billing, before their due date. Without exception, there will be NO refund for any cancellations made after your card has been charged. The appropriate one year, three year or semi-annual membership for your subscription will automatically be billed in advance to the currently authorized credit card in file unless you cancel your subscription, before the next subscription period time begins.
CANCELLATION OF SERVICE
WPSAmerica.com reserves the right at it's discretion to deny any user to this website or any portion thereof without notice, and if any of the following occur:
1) Member's written request as per deadlines indicated on subscriptions and payment item; email (WPS@WPSAmerica.com), phone and regular mail cancellation notifications are acceptable.
3) Member fails to pay any monies due on the due date or neglects or fails to perform or observe any other provision of this Agreement, which is not cured immediately, following notice from WPSAmerica.com
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL WPSAMERICA.COM BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF DATA OR PROFIT, ARISING OUT OF THE USE, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE.